News and Events
A joint letter signed by the General Secretary of ASLEF, RMT and TSSA has been sent to the Prime Minister expressing concerns over plans to increase the levels of service on the rail network.
Read the the letter here.
C. Carroll line 42
O. Granville line 17
N. Keeley line 16
L. Gillman line 2
J. Thorogood line 4
A. Young line 7
J. Wishart line 13
Question: Do you accept the South Western Railway 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 pay offer?
The result of voting was as follows: -
Number of voting papers distributed 1308
Number of voting papers returned 1083
Number found to be spoiled 0
Total number of valid votes 1083
Number voting YES 964 (89% of valid vote)
Number voting NO 119 (11% of valid vote)
Company Council have stated that duties will continue to booked in line with the Winchester Agreement next week (WC 19/04/2020) and probably for the foreseeable future.
SWR released a traction bulletin (TCB033-2020) on the 8th of April 2020. The bulletin states that each driver should keep their own E.P. / Engine key, and not exchange it with a relieving driver.
SWR and Company Council have posted an anonymous letter regarding annual leave. Amongst other things it states :
- If you’ve ‘self-isolated’ due to Covid-19 whilst on annual leave then you will still be on annual leave, and in essence, used it, albeit whilst self-isolating.
Don't forget that your 2019-20 entitlement must be used by Saturday the 2nd of May.
Use it or lose it!!!
The Waterloo LDC have sent the following notice as a photo. I have OCR'd the photo, but mistakes may have gone unnoticed (as I've gone word blind):
From Monday 30th March until further notice, there are two Important changes to the use of spares and cover turns as below.
This is to ensure a minimal number of drivers are in the mess rooms at any one time, whilst also providing an adequate level of coverage for the DRMs.
• Additional cover turns will appear on the 36-hour sheets labelled "Additional Cover".
- These will be rostered using the normal booking method if a driver is available
- If no driver is available then the turn will be deleted and not appear on the 36-hour sheets
- Free days will not be used by CRO for these additional covers
- The sign on times may vary from day-to-day if the roster clerk amends them to align with the amended service
- However if contacted prior to the day by CRO or the DRMs to cover work they should report for that TOD In the normal way
- They should call the DRMs to sign on at the time of their AO to ensure the DRMs know they are working. The DRM will then let them know if they require them.
- Drivers should Inform the DRM of their travel to work time when signing on
- Drivers should also be contactable for the remainder of their shift at home in case they are required
Waterloo currently has a disproportionate share of the work, so this change is unlikely to affect Waterloo much as things stand. Even when the level of service is reduced, there is no guarantee that the TPU will distribute the work any more evenly. Having said that, we have been informed that efforts to allocate work in a fairer manner are taking place. Watch the space, but don't hold your breath!
In the event that you are A/O and your start time is altered and / or your hours are increased by moving to an additional cover turn, please contact the LDC.
Since writing this, a PDF has been provided for you to download here.
We now have the emergency plan showing the level of service the company aim to run WC 30.03.2020 (subject to amendment).
Brothers and Sisters,
Please find attached guidance from The ASLEF EC. Topics include:-
• Driver training and route learning.
• Passing in staff cars (there is a difference between a purpose built vehicle that is fitted with a taxi-meter and a minicab, although our diagrams make no distinction).
• Travelling on the underground.
• Spare Drivers.
• Messrooms and PNB points.
• Medicals, rules and other assessments.
Read me here
SWR have issued another update on the 23rd of March 2020. You must read it :
Clean here to read the document.
Mark Hopwood (SWR CEO) has added an urgent message based on the current govenment stance. It was also released on the 23rd of March 2020.
Click here to read the Urgent Message.
TfL have announced that from Friday the 20th of March,
Correction : 40 tube stations closed from Thursday the 19th of March, not the 20th as previously stated.
Read the press release here to see if you are affected.
SWR published a Covid 19 brief on Fri the 13th of March 2020. It is in a 'questions and answers' style and well worth a read.
On the 18th of March SWR updated the brief.
Click here to download version 2 of the document.
SWR published a further brief on the 16th of March entitled "Message from Mark". It is a message from the MD Mark Hopwood. The only things that apply to us as drivers in this document are in paragraph 3 (vulnerable people) and 6 (hygiene reminder).
Click here to download the Mark Hopwood update date 16.03.2020.
ASLEF have launched a menopause in the workplace campaign and hope that every TOC and FOC will adopt their policy document in order to protect and support our female collegues.
ASLEF have issued two documents. The first is a circular that explains the reason for their stance, and a second document provides their current policy. Both documents are available to download here.
To download the ASLEF Circular click here
To download the ASLEF menopause policy click here
The March 2020 footplate vacancy list (posted on the 4th of March) is now available to download.
- Applications must be received by the 18th of March.
- Successful applicants list to be posted in members area on or after the 1st of April.
- Move takes place on the 13th of April
For those that don't know, the normal method of applying for Ad-Hoc leave is suspended for specified days over the Christmas and New Year period and replaced by a draw.
Anyone that wishes Ad-Hoc for the following dates ...
- CHRISTMAS EVE THURSDAY 24TH DECEMBER 2020
- SUNDAY 27TH DECEMBER 2020
- NEW YEARS EVE THURSDAY 31ST DECEMBER 2020
- NEW YEARS DAY FRIDAY 1ST JANUARY 2021
The draw will be carried out WC 04.05.2020 by the Waterloo LDC.
All applicants for each day will have their names put into a container, then drawn randomly one by one. The first person drawn for a particular day will be given number 1, second person 2 etc... until all applicants have been drawn. The full list will then be given to CRO. Those within the depot quota will get leave. If the CRO can grant leave over the depot quota, this will be done in strict draw order. Anyone applying for ad-hoc after the draw deadline will be added to the bottom of the list in the order received.
The result of the draw will be posted in the members area. If you want to apply, go see the LDC and get a form. The LDC are currently located in the office usually used by the Head of Drivers.
You can download the draw form to print off here as an Adobe Acrobat PDF.
If you prefer, you can download as a MS word DOC file.
Bournemouth H&S have advised that with immediate effect the raised walkway in Poole sidings is not to be used due to potentially unsafe walking conditions.
Weather damage and contamination to the non-slip walking boards has created trip and slip hazards, plus there is a need to re-apply the yellow safety markings each side of the walkway which have become hard to see in daylight. Due to frequent lighting outages, the markings become invisible during the hours of darkness.
The sidings remain open, but only where the driver works the same train out that they work in.
Download the Company Council newsletter entitled : SPAD SPECIAL.
The January 2020 driver vacancy list (posted on the 1st of January) is now available to download.
- Applications must be received by the 15th of January.
- Successful applicants list to be posted in members area on or after the 29th of January.
- Move take place on the 10th of February
On Sunday the 5th of January, the following drivers will move into the link aat the line shown below :-
J. FINDLAY vice VAC line 15
J. STEPHENSON vice VAC line 18
A. LANGLEY vice J. FINDLAY line 20
G. QUARSHIE-FOLI vice A. LANGLEY line 05
L. PEART vice J. STEPHENSON line 16
M. ILSAM vice VAC line 11
S. KONDZIELA vice G. QUARSHIE-FOLI line 19
M. BELL vice L. PEART line 18
K. MIAH vice M. ILSAM line 01
S. DAVEY vice VAC line 21
S. PURCELL vice VAC line 5
J. BRIGGS vice VAC line 28
The master roster for WEF 15.12.2019 (version2) is now available at the bottom of the rosters page. FTA duties are highlighted in red. *FDs are now shown.
The October 2019 driver vacancy list (posted on the 6th of November) is now available to download.
- Applications must be received by the 20th of November.
- Successful applicants list to be posted in members area on or after the 4th of December.
SWR have issued a supplement to our schedule card abbreviations and you can download them here.
To clarify : The above is a full list of codes that TPU use within timings at station stops (13U02 for example). It doesn't alter the work codes like DWRP which are still available here .
The August 2019 driver vacancy list (posted on the 8th of September) is now available to download.
- Applications must be received by the 18th of September.
- Successful applicants list to be posted in members area on or after the 2nd of October.